MATCH OFFICIALS CHARTER
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. The behaviour towards the Match Officials has an impact, directly and indirectly, on the conduct of everyone involved in the game – both on the field and on the touchlines.
The signatories to this charter are determined to reduce verbal abuse and inappropriate behaviour aimed towards Match Officials and to positively influence behaviour around the soccer field. The goal is to provide a safe, fair and enjoyable environment for everyone involved: players, coaches, administrators, spectators and Match Officials.
We the undersigned, EMSA Board of Directors, support our Match Officials throughout Ontario and agree to abide by this Charter.
- Serve as stewards of the game to promote positive and safe experiences for all participants;
- Ensure through our policies and procedures that all instances of violence, racism, aggression, unsporting behaviour, foul play and other misconduct is managed efficiently with appropriate discipline;
- Never tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour from players, coaches, Match Officials or supporters;
- Set a positive personal example by promoting good behaviour and showing respect to everyone involved in the game;
- Communicate with our entire membership to encourage fair play, free of abuse towards Match Officials, players coaches and administrators; and
- Post signage at our fields and within our facilities, as permitted, promoting positive behaviour towards Match Officials.
Match Officials have the right to:
- Safe and secure premises and fields
- Have complaints dealt with fairly & promptly
- Be listened to & understood free from reprisal
- Be treated with dignity & respect
- Officiate without abuse & dissent
- Have their culture and diversity valued & supported
EMSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS