Rowan’s Law - Mandatory - Ontario Law
If an organization does not comply with the laws of Ontario, then the organization assumes any liability risk associated with non-compliance.
Club is to establish a:
- Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes & Parents/Guardians ( CLICK HERE )
- Concussion Code of Conduct Coaches & Team Trainers ( CLICK HERE )
Rowan's Law Concussion Resources https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources
- retain “Confirmation Receipt Form” ( CLICK HERE ) .
- Removal-from-Sport and Return-to Sport protocol. Further information and sample templates will be made available at https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources when finalized by the Province of Ontario
For Outdoor 2020 all athletes under 26 years of age, parents of athletes under 18, Team Officials confirm every year that they have:
- review Ontario’s Concussion Awareness Resources. Can be found at this link: https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources
- sign a Confirmation Receipt Form, confirming that they have reviewed the above resources.
- Athletes/parents of athletes to read and sign the Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes & Parents/Guardians
- Team Officials to read and sign the Concussion Code of Conduct for Coaches and Team Trainers
Forms to be signed PRIOR to participating in their sport. Club is to retain this signed form.