Rowan’s Law - Mandatory - Ontario Law
If an organization does not comply with the laws of Ontario, then the organization assumes any liability risk associated with non-compliance.
Club is to establish a:
- Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes & Parents/Guardians ( CLICK HERE )
- Concussion Code of Conduct Coaches & Team Trainers ( CLICK HERE )
- retain “Confirmation Receipt Form” ( CLICK HERE ) The “confirmation receipt” was developed as a supplementary resource document for sport organizations or individuals to use to help them track their confirmations. Sport Organizations and individuals are not obligated to use this document.
- Removal-from-Sport and Return-to Sport protocol. Further information and sample templates will be made available at https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources when finalized by the Province of Ontario
For Outdoor 2020 all athletes under 26 years of age, parents of athletes under 18, Team Officials confirm every year that they have:
- review Ontario’s Concussion Awareness Resources. Can be found at this link: https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources
- Athletes/parents of athletes to read and sign the Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes & Parents/Guardians
- Team Officials to read and sign the Concussion Code of Conduct for Coaches and Team Trainers
Forms to be signed (electronic click/check or physical signature) PRIOR to participating in their sport. Club is to maintain record.